Monday, October 10, 2011

Almost 2 years later?! Wow, even I had higher expectations for myself on keeping a blog longer than one entry! Just goes to show you how busy life really is here.

Florida is beautiful. Obviously. However, living in Florida and vacationing in Florida are DEFINITELY two different things entirely. It took some time to get adjusted to many life altering changes here. First off, the weather. It is sunny and hot about nine or ten months a year. Only in the fall when the seasons would begin to change up north do I really mind though. Fall is my favorite season and always will be. In Indiana the leaves change colors the air is more crisp and cool and the smell is something you just can't explain. Florida, in my opinion, has no distinguishing seasons other than hot with hot sticky nights and not so hot with cool nights. "Winter" here is the only time where I can finally break out a jacket and boots and not look like a fool completely. But don't get me wrong the weather is to my advantage in the winter months. I DO NOT miss snow or the cold air...or ice...or sledding...or any winter activity that involves the weather getting colder than 40 degrees F. Maybe one day I will want to see it all again, but not now. I think the kids would love it and enjoy the snowman building and sledding with their cousins, so I know I am going to have to brave it one day.

Another change was friends. The saying is true "you find out who your friends are" especially when you move almost 1,000 miles away! Making new friends isn't always easy, but I find that having children in school and in other activities has made the adjustment a whole lot easier for me. Finding people that have the same interests and who are involved in the same activities really helps. But the distance also makes a person realize who were only her friends while it was convenient too. Sometimes I miss the friendships that I have lost, but if they were the kind of friends I needed in my life then they would still be my friends no matter the distance. I wish them the best.

Jeffrey, Brayden and Ellie seem to be adjusting to their lives here as well. Brayden loves school and is grades are outstanding. Ellie starts school next year and loves taking her dance classes. Jeff is a workaholic, but I can't complain. He does a great job making sure that he spends enough time with his family too. Sometimes I wish I had a career that I loved as much as he loves his. I guess I do really. I love staying at home with the kids and getting to see them grow and become the little people they are. I have the rest of my life to work, but i only have the right now to see them grow :)

I hope this doesn't become only my second blog and then another two years go by. I am really going to make the effort on this one. My plan would be to have this and just delete the FB account altogether. That way the people who are really interested can keep in touch and I don't have to worry about being stalked...OK fine, spending all day stalking others!

Until next time..thanks for checking in to my busy and crazy family life!
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment